Making a difference through Love.Care.Change.
At English Tea Shop, sustainability is so much more than a buzzword, it’s at the heart of everything we do. To give you an idea of what this means in practice, we wanted to take you on a journey from farm to cup to show you how English Tea Shop not only sources the highest quality tea, but helps change lives as it does so.
- It all begins on the small-scale organic farms which we source from. Tea farming can be a difficult profession, with external factors such as weather and fluctuating market prices making it hard for farmers to plan for the future. That’s why we invest – both financially and in terms of time – in all our farmers and their communities. Through this, the farmers can improve the quality and yield of their tea, helping to make their businesses more profitable.
- As of this year, all of our 150+ teas and tisanes are 100% organic. This is not only better for the environment, it’s better for the farmers who earn a premium for the higher quality organic tea that is in high demand across the world. We also invest a great deal in rural organic farming associations helping to bring the many economic and environmental benefits of organic tea to a wider audience.
- This approach doesn’t just benefit the farmers and their communities, it means English Tea Shop gets access to some of the very best teas in the world!
- Once our tea is picked, it goes to our factory in Sri Lanka where it is processed. Our 400-strong team there benefit from a wide range of initiatives. One scheme we are particularly proud of is The Big Game which helps to teach our team to think like business people, and offers a significant bonus based on performance.
- After being lovingly processed and packed, our tea is then shipped all over the world to 50+ countries (and counting). Demand for organic, specialty tea is growing as consumers worldwide seek out new and exciting blends, and particularly those which have been grown and produced ethically.
This is just a taster of what Love.Care.Change means in practice and we will be sharing more information in the coming months. To find out more about Love.Care.Change, or how we produce our tea, contact us on email@example.com